Getting in shape is as easy as walking. It is one of the best exercises you can do to lose unwanted weight and maintain a healthy body. The benefits of walking not only provide an easy low impact cardiovascular exercise, but help provide a long range of health benefits. Walking helps prevent heart disease and high blood pressure. Type 2 Diabetes can also be prevented and managed with walking. Walking helps reduce the risks of breast and colon cancers. Walking can also help to enhance mental alertness and overall mental well-being. By simply walking you can strengthen your muscles and bones, improves balance and coordination as well as help prevent osteoporosis
By walking just 10-20 minutes a day you can make a big difference in your overall health. A body in motion stays in motion, and a body at rest, stays at rest.
Here are a few ways to incorporate walking into your daily exercise routine:
· Choose a parking spot further away when out shopping or at work.
· Take the stairs when available.
· Take 5 minute breaks to walk during the day.
· Walk during your lunch break.
· Walk for 10 minutes before or after dinner or before cleaning up the dinner mess.
· Replace your cup of coffee with a brisk morning walk before you get ready for the day.