Essential Elements of our Men’s Hormone Replacement Program
Initial Consultation and evaluation is completed over two office visits.
First office visit includes:
· Comprehensive Physical Exam
· Comprehensive Laboratory Testing
Second office visit includes:
· Comprehensive review of laboratory results
· Hormone Replacement Treatment Plan
*HRT programs are individualized. Not every patient will be a good candidate for the HRTprogram. Programs will be determined based on individual health history and laboratory findings.
Hormone Replacement Therapy 8 Week Program
Each 8 Week program includes the following:
· Testosterone injection
· Estrogen blockers
· HCG injections
Follow-up Laboratory Testing
Follow up laboratory testing is completed after every 8 week cycle to determine the individualized Hormone Replacement Therapy program.
HRT programs are individualized. Ongoing treatment and care will be determined based on individual laboratory findings.
Benefits of Hormone Replacement Program
The benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy far outweigh the risks. Hormone Replacement Therapy are most commonly prescribed to treat symptoms of hormonal imbalance in men, such as loss of libido, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, and irritability.
Some of the benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy include:
· Better maintenance of muscle mass and strength
· Improved cholesterol levels
· Reduced cardiac disease
· Reduced risk of depression
· Improved sleep
· Better mood, concentration and memory
· Improved libido
· Reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease
Risks of Hormone Replacement Therapy
Some risks can occur with Hormone Replacement Programs.
Potential side effects of HRT include:
· Fluid Retention
· Increased Urination
· Breast enlargement
· Decreased testicle size
· Worsening ofsleep apnea in patients who have this sleep disorder
· Changes in the amount of cholesterol in your body
· Increased in your red cell count
· Decrease in sperm count
Facts about Testosterone
· As men age, their bodiesnaturally begin making lesstestosterone.
· Low testosterone is oftenassociated with insulin resistance, causing blood sugar and fat levels to rise.
· Testosterone is good for your blood. The hormone plays a key role in the production of red blood cells.
· Testosterone works to maintain bone density.
· Testosterone plays a vital role in mental health and helps to maintain energy and a sense of well-being.
· Men with lower testosterone are prone excess weight around the belly. However, men who are overweight have lower testosterone than men who are thinner.
· Men with sleep apnea havelower levels of testosterone.
· Too much testosterone can cause health problems.